Saturday, January 8, 2011

Getting Started

Hola everyone!
I am making this for anyone who is interested in hearing about how my semester abroad is going because it saves me having to type the same thing out 10 times in a row. Anyways, after a long day of traveling I arrived at my Aunts house in Sienna, Italy today.
Traveling, like always, was annoying and frustrating, today more so than usual. For the first time in my life I had to throw stuff away to meet the weight restrictions. Every bag I brought with me had a weight restriction, including my carry-ons, which I just think is ridiculous. So after repacking my bags 5 times and throwing away some face wash, face lotion, normal lotion and shoes (yes shoes) I met the requirements. I chose to toss a pair of black buckle heels, because it was either those or my running shoes and that was no contest for me at all, haha. After that, I passed through the ridiculously long security line and got to my gate. Then, just to spite the airlines, I transferred everything I had to move from my carry on suitcase to my back pack (Because of weight)  right back to my suitcase, well that and to save me some back pain later on. From then on the trip was as uneventful as I could wish. No turbulence, crying babies, old guys without deodorant, or anything else too horrible. I just watched a few movies (The Town, Life As We Knew It, Going the Distance) and an episode of Glee, exciting right? I then landed in Frankfurt, Germany, wandered their weird and extremely confusing airport for a while looking the part of the dumb American tourist. I finally made my flight to Florence and slept through the entire flight and went through the easiest customs ever, and I mean ever. All they did was look at my passport on my way out of the door.
So far I have just been chilling at my Aunts house, went to watch my cousin's soccer game and have eaten some yummy pasta :) I am planning to hang out in Italy till the 13th, when I will fly to Valencia with my cousin Kathy and travel around there for a few days. We will then head to Alicante on the 15th, and my program starts on the 17th. So I will update then. Hope everyone has an amazing day :)
Torin

5 comments:

  1. Have some fettucine carbonara for me Torin. And an insalata caprese with mozzarella di buffala.

    Jim Cathcart

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    I wouldve thrown out the running shoes lol

    ♥ jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What shoes were you wearing? If it was the Converse --- I would have jettisoned them instead and put on the running shoes. Anyway, did your card work? /mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Torin!

    I'm looking forward to read and see pictures from your adventures around the world this year. Welcome to Europe!

    Love,
    Anna

    http://annawk.blogg.se

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad about the shoes, but this just means you will have to replace them! With an even better pair! :) Hope your adventures this year are amazing! I'm jealous of you :)

    ReplyDelete